At KAS, we seek highly qualified professionals to join our Dragon family.
Inspiring a love of learning and empowering the leaders of tomorrow are what motivates us. Are you ready to join our dedicated and experienced team ? Apply online and start your Dragon story today.
Powered by APLI
Local applicants may apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
KAS middle school is seeking a dynamic, caring, knowledgeable part-time MYP Drama teacher. Three years of drama or theater arts teaching experience (in English) are required. IB Middle Years Program (MYP) and/or National Core Arts Standards experience is preferred. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience working with youth to learn about theater arts and to prepare class-based and community based theater productions.
Candidates should possess tech confidence, a willingness to participate in the school’s extra-curricular program, and a commitment to excellence in a student-centered school. We look for teachers with a flexible “can do” approach to teaching, a sense of humor, and a desire to contribute to school improvement as a team player. Subject area and grade level collaboration is a strong value in our school.
Preferred qualifications include:
● A demonstrated ability to lead high levels of student learning.
● An aptitude for building and maintaining positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
● Recent IB MYP training and current arts teaching certification.
● Has life experiences that demonstrate, among other things, a growth mindset, versatility, adaptability and resilience.
● Strong understanding and respect for a diversity of cultures and the needs of English language learners. ELL training is a plus.
● A commitment to engaging in a diverse professional community that is growing in its DEIJ principles and practices.
● Effective communication skills utilizing a variety of mediums and techniques.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In response to the expansion of KAS’ Chinese curriculum to include PreK and K students, the elementary school division of KAS is currently recruiting a 0.8 Chinese teacher to teach students from G1 to G5. The candidate must possess the expertise and ability to teach both native and non-native elementary school students.
We anticipate employing a native Mandarin speaker.
Qualified candidates will possess:
- Teachers Certificate of Elementary awarded by the Education Ministry of Taiwan.
- More than 3 years experience of teaching native classes.
- Be able to teach across various grade levels.
- Teaching Chinese as a second / foreign language certification (is a plus)
- Candidates must be proficient in English.
The successful candidate will demonstrate initiative, creativity and energy in order to develop the curriculum and units for the ES Chinese program in order to provide engaging and appropriate lessons and instruction.
We look for teachers with a flexible “can do” approach to teaching, a dedication to elementary aged students, and a desire to contribute to school improvement as a team player. The successful candidate will understand the importance of being a team player and also understand the value of a collaborative atmosphere with the current ES Mandarin team and a co-teaching teaching assistant.
Read the full job description here.
The role of the ES English Language Learners (ELL) Teacher is to provide instruction and/or support for elementary students who are learning English as an additional language. Teaching responsibilities will include pushing in to work with students in the Homeroom class setting and also pulling students out to work with them individually or in small groups in the resource setting. Additionally, the teacher will be expected to consult with other teachers in the building on scaffolding, accommodations, and differentiation strategies to support ELL students. This is a 1-year interim position.
- A demonstrated ability to lead high levels of student learning.
- English proficiency or native speaker.
- Recent language acquisition (EAL/ELL) training and current teaching certification.
- Demonstrated experience planning and working with classroom teachers to support student learning.
- WIDA training and experience for assessing and using student data to plan supportive instruction and to assist classroom teachers in scaffolding for ELL students.
- An aptitude for building and maintaining positive relationships with students, colleagues and parents.
- Has life experiences that demonstrate, among other things, a growth mindset, versatility, adaptability and resilience.
- Strong understanding and respect for a diversity of cultures and the needs of English language learners.
- A commitment to engaging in a diverse professional community that is growing in its DEIJ principles and practices.
- Effective communication skills utilizing a variety of mediums and techniques.
General qualifications include two years of teaching experience, a teaching certificate, technological confidence, a willingness to participate in the school’s extra-curricular program, and a commitment to excellence in a student-centered school.
Preferred qualifications include a flexible and “can do” approach to teaching, a sense of humor, and a desire to contribute to school improvement as a team player.
Child Protection Policy
At KAS we believe that every child has the right to a safe and secure learning environment. To ensure the safety of our children and our community, we conduct rigorous background checks on all employees before making a job offer. Candidates will be asked to submit background/criminal checks and at least three references, two of whom must be current or former supervisors that can be contacted and spoken to. In addition, KAS has clear policies and guidelines for child protection as documented in its Child Protection and Community Wellness Handbook.
There are a lot of great reasons to work at KAS. You’ll be working on a modern campus, with large well-lit, air-conditioned classrooms. The campus is built for technology, from the bus stop to the desktop. You’ll be issued a MacBook computer, with a rapid upgrade cycle based on returning contracts. Professionally, you’ll grow as an educator with regular access to professional development on- and off-campus.
Financially, KAS offers a competitive salary and an increasing longevity bonus, so there’s a good opportunity for savings. The generous teacher package also includes an optional retirement program with school matching, on-campus access to banking and financial planners, and a housing and utility allowance that will allow you to live in one of Kaohsiung’s many desirable neighborhoods near the school, and convenient to dining, entertainment, and shopping.
To get you started off right, KAS provides flight, shipping, and settling-in allowances. And while we hope you never need it, you’ll be covered from the start by Taiwan’s National Health Insurance program, one of the top-rate healthcare systems in the world. Additionally, group and supplemental coverage are offered by the school as needed.
If you’re joining KAS as a family with school-age children, tuition waivers are available for dependents.
Life in Kaohsiung
Kaohsiung is one of the most pleasant and affordable cities in Asia! From bustling cities to mountains and beaches, a vibrant and welcoming culture, one of the best healthcare systems in the world, a low cost living, and more, Taiwan is consistently ranked as one of the best places to live for expats.