Become a Part of the KAS Family
Applications for admission to Kaohsiung American School are accepted on a rolling basis throughout the year. Since applications are processed in the order that they are received, parents are encouraged to submit applications early. Decisions regarding admission will be made in a timely manner based upon an applicant’s assessment results, current enrollment numbers, and availability of space at specific grade levels.
Earlier Applications Receive Earlier Consideration
Kaohsiung American School receives a large number of applications for new admissions; therefore, applicants may be placed on a waiting list. To become part of the KAS family, apply as early as you can! We review and assess applicants on a continual basis, and we admit students when spaces open at the necessary grade levels. We currently have waiting lists for the following grades for 2018-19.
- Grade 1
- Grade 4
- Grade 5
- Grade 7
- Grade 10
Please note these grades are currently full for 2018-19. You may still submit an application to be ready in case a place opens up this school year or in the future.
When we receive your application, we may proceed with assessments. If space is available the student will be admitted. If there is no space available at the correct grade level at that time, and your child qualifies for admission, he/she will be placed on our eligible for enrollment list. You will then be notified when the space at the grade level you requested becomes available.
Use the form below to request information.
Applying for Admissions
Registration for new students will open on March 14.
The following documentation is necessary for all applicants to Kaohsiung American School:
- A completed and signed
- Admissions testing for all applicants prior to admission to the school (subject to a non-refundable assessment fee). Note: Successful test results and payment of the fee do not guarantee enrollment.
- Recent standardized test scores, if available
- A photocopy of the applicant’s foreign passport
- Two recent passport-sized photos
- Academic records in English*:
- One year of academic records for applicants to Grades K or 1
- At least two full years of academic records (including
currentyear) for applicants to Grades 2 to 8
- At least three years of academic records (including
currentyear) for applicants to Grade 9 and above
All documents and fees must be received before an applicant can be considered for admission.
*Academic records in other languages will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the applicant’s parents to have records translated into English.
- By completing and submitting an application form the applicant agrees to comply with all posted KAS rules and regulations.
- Applicants who have not completed a full year of a given grade by the fall entrance date of KAS will be required to re-enroll in that same grade level.
- As deemed appropriate by KAS personnel, applicants in Grades 1 through 12 may be given an English language proficiency test. On the basis of the test scores they achieve, applicants will either be:
- accepted into the regular academic program;
- accepted into the ELL
- advised to seek admission to an alternative school. (ELL/TAP Guidelines)
- Only the KAS administration is authorized to make decisions about admission. The judgment of the Superintendent in matters of admission is final. Admissions office staff have been directed not to make or offer judgments regarding an applicant’s qualifications. Please do not ask Admissions Office personnel to judge your child’s qualifications and do not accept staff predictions regarding your child’s ultimate admission status. Such judgments and/or predictions will not be considered binding on the KAS administration.
- Admission to KAS is governed by the KAS Board of Directors policy, which establishes priority criteria for admissions. An applicant’s position on the waiting list may change, depending on the number of applicants who have a higher priority ranking.
- Seat guarantee holders must qualify for admission to the school under the same requirements as those applicants who do not hold seat guarantees.
- Applicants to KAS will be formally notified of acceptance via an official letter, which will also indicate the starting date.
- Middle School and High School students need to provide their own electronic devices. Don’t forget to check the technology that is used in the 1-to-1 environment at KAS.
Date: February 6, 2018
|Date:||February 6, 2018|
Date: December 6, 2018
|Author:||Kaohsiung American School|
|Date:||December 6, 2018|
Health Examination Form.pdf
Date: January 9, 2014
|Date:||January 9, 2014|
Find out all the details on the KAS school calendar.