Become a Part of the KAS Family
Student applications are accepted at the Kaohsiung American School. Since applications are processed in the order that they are received, parents are encouraged to submit their applications as soon as possible. Admissions decisions will be made in a timely manner based upon the assessment results, returning student re-enrollment and space availability.
Apply Early for a Position on our Waiting Lists
Due to high enrollment numbers for the year 2016-2017, applications may be subject to a waiting list. Apply as early as you can to be sure to be part of the KAS family. The following grades are subject to a waiting list:
For these grades, you can request to be placed on our waiting list until a position opens.
Do not wait to register your student for the year 2016-2017 at KAS! Use the form below to request information.APPLY NOW
Applying for Admissions
Registration for new students will open on March 14.
The following documentation is necessary for students applying to Kaohsiung American School. All documents and fees must be received before a student can be considered for admission:
- A completed and signed application form.
- Admissions testing is required of each student prior to admission to the school (subject to a non-refundable assessment fee). This does not guarantee enrollment.
- Recent standardized test scores, if available
- A photocopy of the student’s passport
- Two recent passport-sized photos
- Academic records in English:
- One year of academic records for students applying to grades K or 1
- At least two full years and up-to-date current year’s academic records for students applying to grades 2 to 8
- At least three years and up-to-date current year’s academic records for students applying to grade 9 and above
*Records in other languages will not be accepted. It is the responsibility of the applicant’s parents to have records translated into English.
- A completed application form assumes that the applicant agrees to comply with all posted KAS rules and regulations.
- Students who have not completed a full year of a given grade by the fall entrance date will be required to re-enroll in the same grade level.
- Students in grades 1 through 12 will be given an English Language Test as deemed appropriate by school personnel. On the basis of the test scores received, the students will either be:
- accepted into the regular program;
- accepted into the ELL program; or
- advised to seek admission in an alternative school. (ELL/TAP Guidelines)
- Only the KAS administration is charged with making admissions decisions. The judgment of the Director in these matters is final. Admissions Office staff have been directed not to make or offer judgments regarding student qualifications. Please do not ask Admissions Office personnel to judge your child’s qualifications or accept staff predictions regarding your child’s ultimate admissions status. Such judgments will not be considered binding on the KAS administration.
- Admission to KAS is governed by KAS Board of Director policy, which provides priority criteria for admissions. A student’s standing on the wait lists may change, depending on the applications of other students with higher priority.
- Seat guarantee holders must qualify for admission to the school under the same requirements as those students who do not hold seat guarantees.
- Acceptance to KAS will be formally notified via an official letter, which will also indicate the start date.
- Middle School and High School students need to bring their own devices. Don’t forget to check the technology that is used in the 1-to-1 environment at KAS.
Date: March 24, 2016
|Date:||March 24, 2016|
Health Examination Form.pdf
Date: January 9, 2014
|Date:||January 9, 2014|
Find out all the details of KAS school calendar.