We thank you for your cooperation and support with today’s Digital Day, as part of our ongoing efforts to keeps students, staff, and our community safe. 感謝您對於今天網路線上上課的配合與支持，這是我們持續為了確保維護學生及社區安全所做的一部分努力。
The news we received on Sunday evening was very concerning, and we have spent today in communication with our governmental partners in order to determine next steps. We thank the government officials for their prompt action in keeping us safe.
We are pleased to share with you that we will resume normal classroom instruction tomorrow, Tuesday, April 21.
The Bureau of Education has recommended numerous safety precautions. Fortunately, we have already enacted these actions at KAS, such as masks/social distancing measures, frequent disinfection of campus, hand washing, etc. More information is available at www.kas.tw/health-update
高雄市教育局已經建議許多安全措施。很幸運地，我們已經在K A S實行了這些安全措施，例如佩戴口罩/保持社交距離，經常消毒校園，洗手等。更多的資訊，請參照下列網址：www.kas.tw/health-update
Here is some additional information for our return to classrooms tomorrow:
1. For people who have visited the places recently listed by the Kaohsiung authorities (these are the places included in our school’s survey) or have family members who have done so, you are permitted to come to school at this time, and should follow the procedures in items (2) and (3).
如果在最近有到過高雄市政府所發布的，敦睦艦隊確診病例活動地點者（這些地點都已經包含在學校的旅遊問卷中），或是家族成員有人去過這些地點的，學生還是可以到學校來。 同時請遵守項目 (2)還有項目(3)的預防措施。
2. If you are one of the people in item (1), in addition to all existing KAS procedures like wearing masks and social distancing, it is recommended that you carefully monitor your health, take your temperature three times per day, and if you feel any symptoms of any kind, please go to the hospital for evaluation.
3. If you are one of the people in item (1) in addition to the normal morning temperature checks at school, please take your temperature at home after school and before bed, and keep a log in your personal records.
4. The government has been promptly contact-tracing people who may have been in close contact with any of the recent confirmed cases. Please check your phones for any text message with the keyword ‘1922’ included. People who have received these messages should follow the same guidance as items (1), (2), and (3)
5. At this moment, students, staff and faculty who are or have family members who are Navy officers, sailors, harbor workers or taxi drivers, are not restricted to be home for self-health management, unless they have received further notice from the governmental authority. If you are one of these people, if you do not feel well, have lost your sense of smell, experience diarrhea, or have any respiratory symptoms, please stay home and call 7230250 for assistance. You may need to then go to the appropriate hospital for testing, and inform the Bureau of Education at 0919036135.
We thank all KAS students, families, faculty, and staff for your efforts and cooperation in keeping everybody safe. We are fortunate that with Taiwan’s efforts, we are one of the very few schools in the world that is able to meet together in classrooms.
Your dedication to safety measures like hand washing and masks, your cooperation with school safety procedures, and your efforts like you have shown today are a BIG part of why we are able to continue safely learning in classrooms.
Thank you for your part in keeping KAS safe,
Dr. Ben Ploeger
Kaohsiung American School