Kaohsiung City Field Division of the Ministry of Justice Investigation Bureau (MJIB) would like to remind members of the KAS community to be vigilant and alert about identity and financial fraud. They offer these guidelines about personal information safety.
- Taking a moment to stop and think before transferring your money or providing your personal information. This could keep you safe.
- Could it be fake? It’s ok to reject, refuse or ignore any requests. Only criminals will try to rush or panic you.
- Criminals are turning to more sophisticated ways to take your money, whether through online offers, emails, or telephone calls.
- Be careful when you receive an unknown phone call claiming your bank account has something wrong. Just hang up the phone and contact your bank or call the police right away.
- Reject misinformation/disinformation: Verify the source, read beyond, check the author, and ask the experts.
- Spreading any misinformation/disinformation is a criminal offense.
Hotline for counter economic crime： 07-2818888 MJIB