How can I keep reading over the summer?
- With the KAS online catalog.
- With TumbleBooks, our online ebook and audio book subscription service.
- With this list of online and free resources.
- At your local public library.
See below for details on each of the above.
How do I use the KAS online catalog to find digital content?
- Don’t forget to log in! If you are already logged in to your KAS account with Google, you can click Login With Google. If not, you will need to enter your username and password.
- For students, your username is your KAS email account, up to the @ sign. In most cases: first initial, last name, last two digits of your graduation year. Your password is the barcode on your KAS ID.
- For parents with library accounts, your username is your email and your password is your cellphone number, unless otherwise directed.
- For parents without library accounts, you may use a generic account with the username of PKto2nd and the password of KASKAS. (You may request a library account with this form).
- Digital reading options in our online catalog can be found by scrolling down to E-Books, Audio Books, or Lightbox Books.
- Click See All on the right hand side above the row to see all options.
- Limit the number of results by clicking the filter icon in the top right hand corner. You can filter any way you choose, but I suggest filtering by Reading Level or Interest Level to pull the most appropriate results.
- To read or listen to the title, click on the book image.
- Once a title specific pop-up appears, click OPEN or PLAY within the pop-up to read or listen to the title.
How do I use TumbleBooks?
Click here to see a slideshow on how to use the subscription service, TumbleBooks.
What are these free and online resources?
More Digital Reading Options is a collection of websites, NOT paid for or hosted by KAS, but online and free to use. You may have to create your own personal account for access.
How can I use the Public Library?
For more options, Kaohsiung has an amazing Public Library system! Click here for more information.