Dear KAS parents and families,
We are pleased to welcome our students back to campus on Thursday, February 13, 2020 for regular school hours. We know that you share our concern for all those affected by the coronavirus in the region and elsewhere and we appreciate your patience and support as we have continued your children’s education during these digital days. Please read this entire message for important information.
We would like to take this opportunity to inform you of everything we have in place to ensure the health and safety of all community members. We ask in advance for your cooperation in all of the following measures, with the understanding that these are designed with the health and safety of children in mind.
For all students, PreK – 12, we will do the following
- All students’ temperatures will be scanned and noted upon entering the campus. Any student with a temperature above 37.0 C will be sent home. Temperatures will be taken on the forehead.
- All students will be asked to wash their hands at the beginning of each school day, and before and after eating.
- All teachers will deliver a lesson on staying healthy at the beginning of the first day back.
- Teachers, counselors, and principals will work with and support any students who are nervous about the reports they see in the media about this situation. We are sensitive to the fact that children need help processing this type of information, and we intend to help them through this.
- For the first few days upon re-opening, we will ask that all students leave campus immediately at the end of the day so that we can monitor our procedures. We will resume after school activities when we are comfortable expanding our procedures beyond 3:00 pm.
For our campus, we are taking the following actions
- All classrooms have liquid soap and disinfection spray available.
- We have added auto-disinfection spray machines in our lobby, dining hall, media center, library, athletic complex, and auditorium.
- We have wiped all door handles with a bleach solution.
- Janitors will spray all door handles with a 75% alcohol/diluted bleach solution hourly during normal hours.
- After normal hours each day, janitors will clean desks, handrails, elevator buttons, floors, and toilets with a bleach solution.
For all parents, we ask for your help in the following
- Please take your child(ren)’s temperature before coming to school. If the temperature is above 37.0 C, that child should be kept at home for 24 hours.
- The campus will be closed to all visitors except those with appointments. If you have an appointment, please check-in at the front desk, where your temperature will be taken.
- Only employees will be permitted to enter the parking garage. This is because we must ensure that we monitor the health and travel of all inside the KAS campus, and so we are not allowing visitors or any other unmonitored individuals inside the building.
- Parents may drive in, drop off children and leave campus through the exit gate right away.
- We ask all students to arrive at school no earlier than 7:30 as there will not be supervision and students will have to wait outside the school.
- Parents will not be permitted to accompany children to their classrooms.
- PreK – grade 1 students will be dropped off at the door near the counselor’s offices and have their temperature taken before entering the building. Adults will be present to supervise children as they go to class. Pre-K – 1 年級學生們由靠近輔導辦公室的側門測量體溫後進入學校，校內的老師會陪伴孩子走到教室。
- All other students dropped off in the front will have their temperatures taken and will enter the school through the lobby. Parents will be asked not to go with them.
- Students entering through the back gate will have their temperatures taken there. Parents will be asked not to enter through the back gate.
- At the end of the day, PreK – grade 1 students will be escorted to the door near the counselor’s offices. Parents are asked to wait outside there until their children come out.
- All other students will be excused through the front doors of the lobby. Parents are asked to wait outside of those doors for their children.
- If parents wish for their children to wear masks, they may do so.
Before students are allowed to enter campus on Thursday, all parents need to show evidence that they have completed the KAS nCoV-2019 Travel Questionnaire. Please fill out the questionnaire for each of your children from your email. Then check your email for a receipt which will indicate your child’s status. You or your child must present a digital or paper copy of that receipt on Thursday before entering campus.
Thank you again for your continued support, and we can’t wait to see our students!