Everyday the Internet is telling us that ‘young people are on Snapchat’ and ‘Snapchat is the future’ and ‘Snapchat, Snapchat, Snapchat!’ Is this true? Yes, a lot of students, especially in Middle School and High School, seem to be on Snapchat! So we thought we’d check it out for ourselves, and see what’s so cool about it. Turns out… there’s so much you can do with it!
1. You can speed up or slow down your videos! — Sometimes a video can be a bit too long, or actually a bit too fast! It works just like filters, so make the video, then swipe sideways to find the icons. 3 guesses which icon is for fast and which icon is for slow 😂
2. Access Old Snapchat Lenses— for some of you that hardcore miss the good old Lenses of 2016, there’s a way to get them back! Make sure you turn off the ‘Automatic Date & Time’, set it for September 2015, and had back into Snapchat! Voila! You’ve got your old lenses back!
3. Resize Your Texts– When you’re typing your texts, tap on the texts and use your fingers to to zoom and resize! Same can be done with emojis!
4. Save Data— this is actually a fun little trick. Snapchat can be very data heavy, so when you’re travelling or even just out and about, it can be very taxing on your data plan. To get around this, head over to Settings — Additional Services — Manage — and then turn Travel Mode on. That way, you can determine when photos are loaded or not! And also, you can also control your camera using your volume buttons. Press the volume button for photo, and hold down volume button for videos!
5. See Who’s Checked Your Story— If you want to know which people have looked at your story, first, tap on your story. There should be an eyeball visible on your story, and click on it! It will show you a list of who has been checking out all your Snaps! 👀👀
Of course, no school-sanctioned blog post is complete without a stern warning about the usage of social media:
We love for our students to experiment, try new trends, and stay in-the-know. But we also care about your safety. Be careful what you post on social media! Snapchat might say it’s ‘safe’ and pictures will be ‘deleted’, but if you look at their Terms and Conditions, you’ll see that they actually own all of your Snaps and can use it at their own discretion without asking you! We’re not too sure if you want your Grandmother to see you doing something silly in the next Snapchat advert… And of course, be careful as to who you add on social media as well! A good rule of thumb is usually only add people you know! If you have any questions at all about social media and safety, make sure you contact the IT department or email: email@example.com.
And finally, tell us. What did we miss? Is there anything that should be on this list that we forgot? Let us know in the comments!